New member in the south

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Qaib master, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Qaib master

Qaib master Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2016
    Arkansas
    Hello there friends and fellow fowl enthusiasts! I'm a new member on here and look forward to giving and receiving advice on birds from those of you who have had a lot of years raising and breeding birds. I am from Arkansas and have been living here since September of 2009, before moving down here in search of more land to raise my birds, I use to live in a little town called Ephrata in southeast Pennsylvania. I've been raising chickens since the age of 12 and have had a lot of different breeds in my flock since I first started but one of my favorites are specifically Thai Game Fowls. Ever since I got my hands on my very first pair of TGF when I was 14, I have been in love with them and have been raising them ever since. I am by no means an expert and still have a lot I still need to learn but I'm eager to share my knowledge with those who are interested in this particular breed. I look forward to sharing my experiences with all those who have a desire for this breed.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. There used to be a poultry show in Ephrata that I attended several times.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us! Its great that you are willing to share your experience and help other members out, as well as learn a few things along the way - totally the BYC spirit! [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could try putting "Thai game fowl," in the searchbox and see what comes up.

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Make yourself at home here, it's nice to have you join us.

If you wouldn't mind sharing a photo or two of your TGF, I'd like to see them! It's always interesting to see other members birds.

7. Qaib master

Feb 7, 2016
    Arkansas
    I basically grew up in Ephrata but I don't think I have ever heard of a poultry show there. I know that every Friday and occasionally on Saturdays they would have a flea market at the Green Dragon where they would sell and auction off animals and birds if that's what you mean.

8. Qaib master

Feb 7, 2016
    Arkansas
    I will post up my flock as soon as I can. Lately I've been working a lot and it seems like my photos don't upload properly but I will as soon as get the chance

9. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    There can be a little lag time on being able to post photos when you first start here on BYC. Maybe it will work the next time you try. Looking forward to seeing them!

10. Qaib master

Feb 7, 2016
    Arkansas
    Can anyone tell me how I can include pictures on my posts? I don't see any option that allows me to attach photos when I'm writing a post. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by