New member in Washington State

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tres Amigas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Tres Amigas

Tres Amigas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    EA WA - 2 chicken yrs.
    Hi All! After lurking for a full year I decided to join in the fun instead! I became addicted to BYC even before we got our girls and have learned almost everything I know about chickens and chicken keeping right here. My husband and I have three red (you-know-what word goes here) link hens - The Tres Amigas - Margarita, Carmelita and Little Latin Lupe Lu. They were hatched last May and have been giving us their eggs since early September (ok, we've just been taking them, but they don't seem to mind.) We get three eggs almost every day since they started laying. My husband and son built a cute little coop and run for them which we added on to for the winter to give them more indoor room. I appreciate the extensive knowledge and experience base in addition to the kinship, encouragement and understanding I have found here. I have laughed plenty, and also felt sorrow for others losses. I have my favorites among you - can't tell ya who though. I'm a newbie at chicken keeping but have poured over every inch of BYC so, hopefully, I won't ask tooo many tired questions. I know what BOSS is! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Welcome to BYC from Oregon!

3. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

4. Desert Rooster

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:guess im not the only one that has some hens with spanish names [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Tres Amigas

Jan 25, 2011
    EA WA - 2 chicken yrs.
    We moved to Washington from Northern California (East Bay) in 2006. I sometimes speak a (very) little Spanish to them - they don't mind my "Spanglish" too much if dished out with treats! What are your birds names? Your in SoCal, right?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  6. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    Welcome from NW Washington State [​IMG]

7. Desert Rooster

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:yes, im in socal, i have 7 hens, but only 3 of them have spanish names, Chaparrita, morenita, and gabriela but i call her gaby [​IMG]

8. Tres Amigas

Jan 25, 2011
    EA WA - 2 chicken yrs.
    Thank you so much!

Sorry, I meant to reply to Randy in Washington -- somehow I did it wrong [​IMG] I'll get the hang of it!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  9. Tres Amigas

Jan 25, 2011
    EA WA - 2 chicken yrs.
    Quote:yes, im in socal, i have 7 hens, but only 3 of them have spanish names, Chaparrita, morenita, and gabriela but i call her gaby [​IMG]

Cute names!

10. Desert Rooster

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca

Cute names!

thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by