New Member in Washington

tross

Hatching
Mar 20, 2016
Hello to everyone & a happy first day of spring! I'm super excited to have found this site! I'm expecting 8 new baby pullets on Wednesday! I was raised on a farm most of my life (cows, sheep, horses, dogs, cats) but never had chickens. I've been around chickens a little bit in the last few years but still pretty new to me so I'm excited to be able to ask questions on the forum here when I want or need to. I'm grateful for all the company and any help I may get!! I ordered a mixed group of chicks from one of our local feed stores; 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Blue Laced Wyandottes, 2 Americanas, & 2 Black Australorps. I'm wanting these ladies for eggs...we eat a lot of eggs! Good luck and best wishes to all my fellow newcomers, experienced chicken keepers & everyone in between!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom