New Member Inroduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by elenita, Feb 12, 2016.

1. elenita

elenita New Egg

Feb 12, 2016
    jacksonville,fl.
    Good Morning
    I am heading downtown and i would like to know where is located the agriculture office? Genora told me in the chicken class that i can get the permit to have chicken on my backyard. I live on the westside off lakeshore and blanding blvd. I also want to know where i can buy chicks at a reasonable price and thank you.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I can't help you with on where to go for a permit but I'm sure if you pop by your state thread members in your area should be able to help you. State threads can be found here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Hard to say...sort of depends on where you are at.

Lakeshore and Blanding Blvd...? Jacksonville Florida?

You are not required to tell us your city. Up to you. But
    then we can't tell you about your city?

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. There are a number of hatcheries from which you can order chicks at a low price (although most of them have a minimum order number of at least 15). I have person ordered chicks on numerous occasions from four different hatcheries, Murray McMurray Hatchery, Dunlap Hatchery, Ideal Poultry, and Cackle Hatchery and have been happy with the birds and service of all four of them. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us.

All the best with getting your permit

CT

7. elenita

elenita New Egg

Feb 12, 2016
    jacksonville,fl.
    Thank you. I went to diwntown and before getting the permition i have to take a class. They only let me have 5 chickens so i went i bought 5. Three diferent kinds. The chicks are only three days old so they are staying warm inside home and i got them food a feeder and a water dish. So far they are sweet and they are behaving good.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I would think you could go to your city or village hall and ask about chicken restrictions or permits. They should be able to tell you. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could also post on your state thread - someone there may know.

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by