New Member Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BPM83, Oct 18, 2016.

1. BPM83

BPM83 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2016
    Peculiar, MO
    Hello, my name is Blythe and I live in Missouri. My family and I moved to a home on 11 acres from the city a few months ago. Right after we moved in we got our first chicks and over this past weekend bought 10 more. We also have a couple Heritage Bronze Turkeys and a small flock of Guinea Fowl. Attached is a pic of the beautiful coop my husband and father just built for me. Anyway, I am very glad I found this site! I look forward to learning from all the other members.
    [​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi, Blythe, and welcome to BYC! Congratulations on your recent venture into the wonderful world of poultry keeping. That is an adorable little coop - which of the birds are you planning to house in this one?

1 person likes this.
  3. BPM83

BPM83 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2016
    Peculiar, MO
    We are keeping the chickens in this coop. Then we found a nice wood playhouse free off Craigslist that we are making into the coop for the turkeys and Guinea. The Guinea follow around my oldest turkey. He is their leader I guess!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Blythe - lovely coop. What breed of chickens do you have?

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Blythe, and :welcome! Great to have in our community! I agree - that is a beautiful coop. Having a hard time judging its size...how many chicks total do you have...just want to make sure they're not too crowded. Can lead to stress and aggression. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello Blythe, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I love your little coop, you should try entering it for coop of the week! I hope you make yourself at home here!

1 person likes this.
  7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. What a pretty coop.

1 person likes this.
  8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. BPM83

BPM83 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2016
    Peculiar, MO

We have 4 Silkies that I bought in August when we first moved. Then last weekend we got 10 that are Silkies, Cochins, Buff Orpingtons and maybe a Wyandotte or two. Some of them are definitely mixed breed and some are not. It's hard to tell right now because they are under a month old.

10. BPM83

BPM83 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2016
    Peculiar, MO

It's actually pretty large. It should fit 9 to 10 comfortably. It is bigger than it looks in the picture. Right now all my birds are still young and fairly small so we have more than that in there, but I found a very nice wooden playhouse free on craigslist that we are converting into a second coop. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by