New Member Intro

Mike & Baby Chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
SW Washington
(1) Are you new to chickens??
We are BRAND new!! We are so new, we don't even have the chicks yet! We are sure we want to have chickens, we just want to make sure we do our homework before we get into it and make tragic mistakes!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Ummm.... See the previous question! LOL!

(3) What breeds do you have?
We are PLANNING on Australorps, Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds... Who knows what else!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
My DS turned us on to this great community!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Quilting, canning, raising our four beautiful children, and gardening!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are an Poly family, 2 moms, dad, the 4 kids...... One BIG loving family! We are all professionals, 2 of us are in Medicine, and one is a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer. Kids: 11 yo DS, 3 yo DD, and 17 month old Twin Boys!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

welcome-byc.gif
Nice to see more people into that - I loove gardening myself. I have about 2-3 acres of gardens, 90% of it edible stuff.
lau.gif

If I were you I'd also throw some Easter Egger chickens in the mix. (They're advertised as Araucanas or Ameraucanas in hatcheries, but really just mutts) They're really friendly, quiet, colorful, and lay a wide surprise of egg colors - From green, to blue, to pink, and even brown or white.
smile.png

Next thing you know, you'll be soo addicted with chickens you'll want to try them all.
lol.png

Welcome to BYC. We like people that learn a ton of stuff BEFORE they are invaded by charming fluffybutts.

Do get Orps, a flock is not complete without them.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Alaska

Nice to meet ya....Glad you joined us.

This is the place for finding out all kinds of info on all kinds of poultry!!!

we are very addicting......

Back
Top Bottom