New member intro

KensingtonHens

Songster
9 Years
Nov 30, 2010
SoCal
Hi, everyone!

I'm not only new to this forum but very new to having chickens as pets!

We live in San Diego (Clairemont). We have three children, 24,22,20 and one darlilng little black dog, named Jackie. I am a stay-at-home mom and am enjoying the peace of not having all three children under-foot! My 20-year-old is still home going to school and trying to start a band...I know, I know! Our other two are living in NYC and San Francisco, respectively.

This Thursday I will be going to pick up a 17-week-old Red Star and a 10-month-old Ameraucana. My husband build our coop last weekend. I've spent the last three days browsing and reading this site and am overjoyed to have found it! THe gal I'll be buying my chickens from lives in Ramona, CA and she has been very helpful but one can never have enough support!!

We are very excited to be starting on this new adventure!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you; thrilled to be here!!

welcome-byc.gif

Is she a true Ameracauna, or an EE?
big_smile.png

I am going to assume she is a true Ameracauna, just trusting the Chicken Lady! But whatever she is is fine by me. Being so new we really won't know the difference. I'm getting her for $20.
smile.png

Quote:

welcome-byc.gif
from Missouri!

I used to live near Death Valley, and once went to San Diego's Sea World and had a blast!

Great choice on chicken breeds! You should be very happy with them!
wink.png

Quote:
Can you give me any info on how I would know if she is a true Ameracauna? It won't make any difference, just curious.

Back
Top Bottom