NEW MEMBER INTRO

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nanama, Mar 29, 2012.

1. nanama

nanama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    Hey! I am so excited to be a part of this group. I am a newbie to "raising" chickens so I'll need lots of friendly help! We don't have chicks yet though. My husband is in the process of building a "coop." I have been purchasing "free-range" eggs from our local farmer's market for a while and just thought, "why not raise my own chickens & have my own eggs!" I live in eastern North Carolina and have 3 grown children (well mostly grown) and 2 grandkids. They have already named the chickens that we don't even have yet!

2. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from the mountains of very rural Pennsylvania. Something about chickens is contagious... I seem to keep getting more... be careful. Your own eggs always taste better, too... or that's what my twin grandsons tell me.

3. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Good luck building your coop. What breed of chickens are you thinking of getting?

4. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    Welcome to the group! I also have my first chickens, and this forum has been very useful. If you have a question about ANYTHING, just type your question in the search box and chances are, there is a discussion somewhere that will answer it. Have fun!

5. nanama

nanama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    Don't have a clue really. Just reading what folks recommend. Maybe Barred Plymouth Rock if we can find them. Beyond that IDK! I only have room in my "backyard" for about 4 or so. I would like them to be "friendly" and "good layers!" Any suggestions?

6. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    I know it's not a breed, but the four red pullets I got from our TSC are like RIR mixes, and combined specifically to be friendly and good layers. They are very docile! I am betting that many people will suggest RIR's. Our buff orpingtons are the friendliest of the bunch, but I don't think they give as many eggs as the reds.

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....glad you joined us. Good luck finding just the right chickens :)

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by