New Member Intro

density200

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
So I have been reading the threads and forums for information for a few months now so I figured it was time to finally join. I ready an article in my Mary Jane Farm Girl chapter magazine about how easy it was to raise chickens a few months back. We are Americans living in Germany so I wasn't sure where to start so I went to a local pet store and asked, and they gave me the contact of a family that raises Autralorps and Seramas I purchased the Hovabator 1602 without the fan or turner, and am a few days into incubation now! Aside from the panic of the temp drop when I turn the eggs, I think all is going well ;0) We'll see on first candling next week!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

Good luck on your hatch.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your incubation. Hatching eggs is a fantastic experience, something I enjoy very much. A little too much!! It can become quite addictive. The links TwoCrows has left for you are great if you have any questions. No need to panic when you turn eggs. It just like mother hen moving on the nest or when she actually leaves the nest to eat, drink and poop. My incubator has a cool down feature that turns the heat off to replicate the hen leaving the nest. There have been studies on this about improved hatch rates with cool down so no need to worry :hugs

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Last edited:
Hey there! Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you decided to join! Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to help you if we can.
big_smile.png
There is a lot of great info on here, and lots of very knowledgeable people, so I'm sure you'll be able to find any info you may be looking for.
smile.png

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Sending good hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif
. I didn't know tiny seramas were available in Germany. My friend has two older serama hens and they are real characters. They kick the dog out of his bed so they can pretend they are broody - no roosters for them.

Back
Top Bottom