New member introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dadspets, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Dadspets

Dadspets New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? About 13 years ago started first flock of mostly large breed and some top hats. Another flock later of white leghorns, cochins and some batham. Sold eggs for a while that basically covered feed cost.
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now? 10
    (3) What breeds do you have? One ameraucanas,3 production reds, one khaki cambell duck, one batham rooster, 3 buff orpingtons and one mutt
    (4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Finally searched the web today for help with mites(i think) and found a lot of old threads with good information....so here i am.
    (5) What are some of your other hobbies? Don't think i really have a hobby.
    (6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Other pets-one male lab/retriever, one male St. Bernard, 3 rescues cats. Fish, hunt with my 2 girls (11 & 14) go to lots of school sports games and enjoy family time. Occupation-manage construction projects at a university.

So there's my newbie intro and looking forward to learning more about my girls(chickens)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Dadspets, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! It's a helpful place...ask any questions you might have along the way. Best wishes!

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

Great intro, but sounds like you have quite a number of hobbies and interests [​IMG]

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens!! I hope you enjoy it here!

1. I have been raising meat birds for about 3 years now, but I started my layer venture just in March of 2016.
    2. I currently have 35 chickens.
    3. I own Silver and Gold Laced Wyandottes, Black Australorps, Light Brahma, White Leghorn, Buff Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, Partridge Plymouth rock, and Welsummers.
    4. I kept on googling chicken questions and always ended up here.
    5. My main hobbies are, swimming, kayaking, and other outdoorsy things.

Well, there you have it! I hope you have fun on Backyard chickens and find it as helpful as I have. Have a nice day!:D

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here, good luck with the mite issue! If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center...I believe there's a very good article there on how to identify and treat mites.

10. Run Wild

Run Wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2016
    Hi. I'm new to BYC. I have raised eleven chickens since I first got chick's four years ago. I currently own five chickens, a cat, kitten, puppy, and Bearded Dragon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by