New member introduction

Einalem

In the Brooder
Jan 24, 2017
Duvall, WA
I wanted to introduce myself and just say thank you to everyone here who have been so helpful to me. Our family has been thinking about having chickens for a few months. We have never had chickens before! During my research every question I entered into Google popped up this forum as a place for the answer. So I have been lurking here for a while and learning a ton!

We got our chicks last Friday and gave them set up nice and snug in our garage while we build our coop. We got 8 total, and already we are having a ball watching them eat out of our hands and start to play with each other!

Our chicks are Mary (RIR), Olga (Buff Orpington), Cookie (Delaware), Penny (blue Wyandotte), Jezebel (Barred Rock), Lafawnduh (Black Sex Link), and Tattletale and Snitch (two Ameraucana "twins").

I'm excited to be a part of this community and learn more about chickens
1f642.png

Melanie

G’Day from down under Einalem
frow.gif
Welcome!

You might also want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Good luck with your new feathered family and enjoy discovering that they each have their own little chickenality
wink.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
smile.png

Thank you!

Teila, I live in the US now but I am originally from Perth. Moved away as a toddler but all my family is still in Australia. Small world!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Melanie, what a beautiful mixed flock you're going to have!

If you'd like to chat with other members that live in WA, you can find them here:
post #1

Thanks for joining us!

Forgot to ask about the name "Lafawnduh"...is someone there a fan of the movie Napoleon Dynamite?

Back
Top Bottom