New member introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Einalem, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Einalem

Einalem Just Hatched

Jan 24, 2017
    Duvall, WA
    I wanted to introduce myself and just say thank you to everyone here who have been so helpful to me. Our family has been thinking about having chickens for a few months. We have never had chickens before! During my research every question I entered into Google popped up this forum as a place for the answer. So I have been lurking here for a while and learning a ton!

We got our chicks last Friday and gave them set up nice and snug in our garage while we build our coop. We got 8 total, and already we are having a ball watching them eat out of our hands and start to play with each other!

Our chicks are Mary (RIR), Olga (Buff Orpington), Cookie (Delaware), Penny (blue Wyandotte), Jezebel (Barred Rock), Lafawnduh (Black Sex Link), and Tattletale and Snitch (two Ameraucana "twins").

I'm excited to be a part of this community and learn more about chickens [​IMG]

Melanie

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Melanie, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard and congratulations on your new chickens. You have visited the Learning Center? If not, here's the link - it is loaded with great articles you will find useful. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Love your chicken names! [​IMG] Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Einalem [​IMG] Welcome!

You might also want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Good luck with your new feathered family and enjoy discovering that they each have their own little chickenality [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Hi, welcome to Backyard Chickens

5. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Glad you joined us!

6. Einalem

Einalem Just Hatched

Jan 24, 2017
    Duvall, WA
    Thank you!

Teila, I live in the US now but I am originally from Perth. Moved away as a toddler but all my family is still in Australia. Small world!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Cool, even smaller in that I grew up in Perth [Bayswater / Bassendean Area] [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Melanie, what a beautiful mixed flock you're going to have!

If you'd like to chat with other members that live in WA, you can find them here:
    post #1

Thanks for joining us!

10. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Forgot to ask about the name "Lafawnduh"...is someone there a fan of the movie Napoleon Dynamite?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by