New Member Introduction

NelrickDesigns

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2019
Delhi NY
Hi, I am looking forward to these forums . I have one goose, hand raised to bond with me. I had hoped for a female for egg production however after two summers and no eggs I am assuming my goose is a Gander. He is friendly to most,except territorial to the farm truck(dairy farm). As a gossling he travel to Maine on vacation and for a short time had a diaper for feeding inside. Once feathered he has been strictly outside. He has an outside pen with shelter up against the back of the house for night time and daytime he has full range of property but stays close. He has a pool that is gutter rain water fed. In the extreme cold he has the option to shelt in a nest area on a dirt floor garage. His name is Tully

Attachments

• Tully.jpg
    Tully.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Tully.jpg
    Tully.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 9
Tully is a handsome guy! Do you have plans on getting him some company of his
Not at this time - he is quite messy and would rather not add to it. He seems quite happy, I have in the past raised a single duck - a Muscovey - that lived a long content life here on the farm as a single - after her death at age 15 I decided I would do the same with a goose. If I found that he was not content or aggressive I would consider an alternative lifestyle for him.

Back
Top Bottom