New Member (ish)

faerydust16

Songster
Jul 14, 2017
Akron, Indiana
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes! I finally took the dive on March 15th 2018. Convinced the hubby to keep his promise to build me a coop. Mwahaha!
I had one chicken as a kid, my dog brought her home and we had her for a few years, gave us really yummy eggs.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 4 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 rhode island red (hubbies) and 2 gold laced Wyandotte (my babies!)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com
I think it was Facebook.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Raising rabbits. We have 6 right now, 2 new Zealand, 2 Flemish giant, and 2 californian. My new Zealand is pregnant yay!

Attachments

• 80d559a9-d1e9-4066-9ffc-a31c10b1b3f0.jpg
    80d559a9-d1e9-4066-9ffc-a31c10b1b3f0.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations on getting your chickens and a very warm welcome to BYC! There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.
Yeah I'm going to need all the help I can get. Chicks are a whole new ball game for me.

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

G’Day from down under faerydust.. :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining.

Your chicks are adorable! :love If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of them or your rabbits, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

G’Day from down under faerydust.. :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining.

Your chicks are adorable! :love If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of them or your rabbits, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)
That has happened since I've begun to run to the coop to check on my chicks every time I get home.
But how can I not?
THEY'RE SO STINKING CUTE.

Attachments

• 4d46053f-bec8-4816-b1ec-466bec2ba941.jpg
    4d46053f-bec8-4816-b1ec-466bec2ba941.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom