New Member jumping in head first!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lynns-hens, Feb 28, 2016.

1. lynns-hens

lynns-hens New Egg

Feb 28, 2016
    Fairhope Alabama
    Hey y'all. I am Lynn and I live in coastal Alabama. Yes we do have beautiful beaches in AL! I have 26 new chicks coming next week. I'm excited and my husband can't quit laughing. I plan on keeping them in the garage for now and lumber for coop and run comes this week. Happy to find this site! I'll need help!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Click on 'The Learning Center' located at the top of the page, and then go to the 'Raising backyard chickens' forum and click on the coop and run section. Hustle on making that coop - they grow really fast.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Lynn

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you to be getting started with new chicks :clap They are lots of fun and very rewarding too as you watch them grow. Good luck with your coop build :fl

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - sounds like you have some fun but busy times ahead - enjoy 'em!

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Lynn, nice to meet you. I'm sure you don't have to wait for snow to melt like those of us stuck in cold climates. Welcome to BYC. Be sure to check out the coops section.

8. lynns-hens

lynns-hens New Egg

Feb 28, 2016
    Fairhope Alabama
    Thanks. I got the ornamental layer assortment from Murray McMurray. I know I have some polish and cochins. That's all I've truly been able to figure out.

9. lynns-hens

lynns-hens New Egg

Feb 28, 2016
    Fairhope Alabama
    Busy to say the least! I can't believe what I've jumped into but it has been fun (and very expensive)! Most of the neighborhood has been involved and love visiting the garage to see how they've grown. We have had great luck with weather over the last few weeks. The coop doors were finished today, coop is caulked and ready to paint the exterior, interior done. We are so proud of what has been done but it was so much more work then we thought. Luckily the 24, 5 week old chicks in the garage are motivators to get it DONE!!!

10. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by