1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member. Just brought home 6 pullet chicks.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JesusHChicken, Mar 28, 2017.

1. JesusHChicken

JesusHChicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2017
    Kitsap County, WA
    Let the fun begin!

[​IMG]

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :welcome :cd

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC what breeds did you get??

4. OliviaBirds

OliviaBirds Just Hatched

Feb 20, 2017
    Cute chicks! I just got five chicks too.

5. JesusHChicken

Mar 27, 2017
    Kitsap County, WA
    Thank you. 2 Leghorn, 2 [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Dominique, 1 [/COLOR] Wyandotte, and I'm not sure about the last one. The wife picked them out. So far they're doing well. Handling during the day to socialize. Keeping them at 90-95 F.

6. JesusHChicken

Mar 27, 2017
    Kitsap County, WA
    BTW.. is straw OK for bedding? I see pine mentioned and some using wood pellets.. keep a few bales on hand for the goats.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Love your avatar! BYC is a great place for advice and learning. Feel free to ask any questions you might have along the way! :). And if you want to chat with some local poultry peeps you can find the WA thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas

That's what I use! :)

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under JesusHChicken [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

10. barred2rock

barred2rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I use straw myself without issue. I figured it would be better for the cold climate. BUT of course, as soon as I got the babies, it went from the 20s or below at night to the 50s. lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by