New Member just joined today.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KaneMoa, May 9, 2011.

1. KaneMoa

KaneMoa Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2011
    Hello, my name is Steve and I love chickens! We own over 200 chickens for various reasons and they have become a huge part of my family's life in a short period of time. My wife and five kids all have taken to the chickens as well as my parents. I must admit that a few years ago I wouldn't even have touched a bird let alone spend hours cleaning vents and washing birds. I am particularly fond of my layers. We started with layers and although we love all the birds they seem to get spoiled with treats and they are the birds we let have free reign of the property. Our flock is very diverse and luckily we haven't had to put much money into obtaining the girls because we live in a large farming area. We have 1-Aracauna, 1-Australorp, 1-Bantam Blue Orpington, 1-Buff Orpington, 1-Bared Rock, 1-White Rock, 1-Leghorn, 1-Red Sexlink, 1-Rhode Island Red in our laying flock right now and we average 7-9 eggs daily. We also have 25 rare breed pullets that we ordered online and were waiting to see what we get. Very Excited! They are too young and were not breed experts so ill update breeds as I find out. The rest of our birds are a mix of Leghorn, Rhode Island Reds, Bared Rocks and Red and White Rock cockerels that we raise for meat and breeding with the layers. I have read many great articles and stories on this forum as well as gathered many tips, tricks and invaluable knowledge from BYC members and I finally have the means to join the forum. We live in a somewhat remote area where internet is crappy at best but with the help of an Incredible its on now. I hope to learn as much as possible as well as share some of our own experiences, good or bad, with like minded people.

2. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Hi from NC [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Well, you've come to the right place. [​IMG]

5. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas.

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens