1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member, just joined yesterday.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Berkshirechick, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Berkshirechick

Berkshirechick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2016
    Berkshire County, MA
    I am a Western Massachusetts chicken owner, and me and my sister got six bantams last spring, and have a Ameraucana and Ancona left from an old flock. The bantams were from a straight run banty chick mix, so finding the breed of everyone but the two Silkies was hard, but eventually they got sorted out.

I have only one rooster( a welcome surprise in a straight run mix), who is a White Silkie, and his favorite girl is the other Silkie, who is a sweetie. There are three Golden Sebrights, beautiful and fairly good layers so far, one is super friendly. My families favorite is the Silver Duckwing Old English Game Hen, who loves people and exploring (and boy can she fly!).

Trying out chicken tractors with this flock, and have already trained them to attack snails and slugs in the garden.

Excited to join this community, I have seen forums from here but never joined before.

2. peter98

peter98 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2015
    welcome to BYC
    [​IMG]

3. Brookliner

Brookliner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern New Hampshire
    Welcome to BYC.:)

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. Theres lots of info in the Learning Centre as well as opportunities to meet other BYC members in your area in your state thread (just type your state in the search box). Theres lots of threads on a myriad of topics to look through and then of course there's the members who are very helpful, supportive and knowledgeable so if you have any questions, post away!

All the best
    CT

5. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hello new member, glad you joined us [​IMG] Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do. Would love to see photos of your flock.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by