New member Kazia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Grammy YaYa, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Grammy YaYa

Grammy YaYa New Egg

Mar 24, 2012
    Happy to be a new member. I hope to learn all I can on this group, and I've heard it's great fun, but addicting to chicken lovers. Honestly, it never even occured to me to buy a chicken as a pet, let alone want to get into showing chickens. I've been showing giant breed dogs (Great Danes currently) for many years, and some of my dog show friends are doing plenty of 'clucking' over my new venture. They know I'm an animal magnet......I love them all, but chickens?

It all started when I was channel surfing, and saw this adorable white flluffy critter walking on the kitchen table on the 'Tori and Dean' show. I instantly fell in love with her and just had to find out what this adorable little white fluff ball was. After I found out that she was a White Bearded Silkie, I made up my mind that I just had to have TWO of them as pets.....one white, one black. I did some intense research on these little cuties, and got the 'show bug' again, so of course I had to buy my eggs from top knotch Silkie Breeders who are knowledgeable about the breed, and have had experience showing Silkies. Well, the two pet chicks that I originally wanted turned into two incubators full of eggs, whose parents are all show birds. There hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't spent hours on the internet researching Silkies.........that's only the beginning. The more chicken breeds I looked at, the more I wanted, but I had to draw the line somewhere. I've also fallen in love with the Polish Crested Bantams, and just like the Silkies, I loved every single color, and cracked up when I saw the Frizzled Polish and the Cochins. I'm absolutely hooked, so you'll probably see me on here quite a bit. I have much to learn, and hopefully will have lots to share after I start showing.

My daughter is on here somewhere. She and her family have about 30-something chickens, but they're into the serious egg layers. I could care less about egg producers.....I want the sweet little 'fu-fu' chickens that I'll have fun showing and cuddling. I guess you'd probably have to eat about 94 Silkie eggs for a decent breakfast anyway.......

Well, happy to meet you all. I have to put eggs in the incubator......yaaaay!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Welcome to BYC from the soggy side of Washington State.

3. Grammy YaYa

Grammy YaYa New Egg

Mar 24, 2012
    Well, thank you very much, justbugged!

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

I have a whole mess of bantam Chochin eggs in my incubators right now - [​IMG]

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio...glad you joined us

8. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by