New member living in Palmdale, Ca.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ben Mean Green, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Ben Mean Green

Ben Mean Green New Egg

Mar 14, 2017
    Hi, my name is Ben Norman and I am new to this site and interested in getting some chickens for my backyard. I can not find the info on the city of Palmdale's site that says one way or the other about having chickens or not. I live in a tract home near Highland High School on the west side. My wife and I have lived here for 15 years, we have 2 little ones, and we enjoy it here. Would like to get some chickens going for the fun and the eggs. We also have dogs so I imagine we will need some training on them not eating the chickens. Hoping they will just be good with it but we will have to feel it out. First, I need some help in finding out where it says I can have chickens in my backyard and how many. I have heard it is up to 6 which would be perfect for us. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben Norman

sidders chicken likes this.
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Ben! Unfortunately I am not familiar with Palmdale's laws on that, so I can't help there. :/

You might want to join your state thread and see if anyone there knows. It's great to have you with us! :)

4. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Maybe someone at your city hall can tell you? Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

5. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC Ben! Glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You might try asking at your village or town hall. If you have any chickens in the area, that would be a good sign. Hope you will be able to have some. Good luck

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Ben [​IMG] Welcome and Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  8. sidders chicken

sidders chicken Just Hatched

Jan 22, 2017
    lancaster california
    Hi Ben !!! I live in Lancaster,,i called the city of Lancaster and gave them my address and they were able to tell me I was able to have 5 chickens,, with no housing restrictions, hope this helps!!!

drumstick diva likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by