New member living in Palmdale, Ca.

Ben Mean Green

Hatching
Mar 14, 2017
Hi, my name is Ben Norman and I am new to this site and interested in getting some chickens for my backyard. I can not find the info on the city of Palmdale's site that says one way or the other about having chickens or not. I live in a tract home near Highland High School on the west side. My wife and I have lived here for 15 years, we have 2 little ones, and we enjoy it here. Would like to get some chickens going for the fun and the eggs. We also have dogs so I imagine we will need some training on them not eating the chickens. Hoping they will just be good with it but we will have to feel it out. First, I need some help in finding out where it says I can have chickens in my backyard and how many. I have heard it is up to 6 which would be perfect for us. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben Norman

Greetings from Kansas, Ben, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined dour flock! Here are a couple links that might assist you:
Find you state thread in the link below - perhaps a local can shed some light about Palmdale, CA ordinances.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
And the ordinances are not in your favor, try this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them
I wish you well and hope all goes your way!!
D.gif

Welcome to BYC, Ben! Unfortunately I am not familiar with Palmdale's laws on that, so I can't help there. :/

You might want to join your state thread and see if anyone there knows. It's great to have you with us! :)

welcome-byc.gif

Maybe someone at your city hall can tell you? Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

You might try asking at your village or town hall. If you have any chickens in the area, that would be a good sign. Hope you will be able to have some. Good luck

G’Day from down under Ben
frow.gif
Welcome and Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom