new member - long time chicken lover

anothercrazychick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 22, 2009
Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me barge in here and start posting! I hadn't properly introduced myself. I have had chickens for nearly 13 years. I don't do any showing and not a lot of breeding, but I am fairly obsessed about their care and health. I have worked on and off for a vet since 1993 (worked full time as a vet assistant for 5 years). I've had 3 years of animal sciences at University and I have my Bachelor of Science in Conservation Biology with a major in ornithology (study of birds). I have also been volunteering at the wildlife rehabilitation society in my city since 1998 and have had a fair bit of experience with injured and sick and oiled wildlife. I am currently the "pigeon, duck, pheasant and chicken" rehabber, as the wildlife society doesn't take those birds. Needless to say, I have a plethora of adopted birds and a wild flock of rehabbed pigeons that just won't go away
smile.png
I live on a grain farm and I board 75 horses here as well, so that keeps me more than busy (as does my 10 month old daughter!).

So there I am in a nutshell. Looking forward to meeting many of you!

Laura

Last edited:
Well, it's nice to have even more animal lovers here!!! Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

And 75 horses? Amazing, you must be busy...

Hi Laura!!

Wow - 13 years of chicken experience - I think we all will benefit from you joining the group!! I'd love to hear more about your obsession with care and health. Oh My Gosh!! look at your career! Wish you lived in Ohio - what state are you in? Congrats on the 10 month old daughter! You sound like you have a rich life!!

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Back
Top Bottom