New member looking for coop plans.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dmack5, Apr 11, 2011.

1. dmack5

dmack5 New Egg

Apr 11, 2011
    Hello to all you chicken people. My wife and I are strongly considering becoming chicken raisers. She is a retired HS english teacher and I am still working. Last year she had the idea to become bee keepers. So I did the work to learn what we needed to know to keep bees. Plus we both read a number of books and now we have 4 hives and love it. Now we are looking at raising some chickens. She has researched the breeds and placed her order with the FFA at the HS she used to teach at. We also fell in love with a coop design on this website and I am trying to get the plans (if they exist) for the coop. The coop was called the coop de ville and the husband and dog built the coop for the wife while she blogged. So I was just trying to get some help with the design of that cadillac of coops. Anybody out there know which one I'm referring to? Please help. We look forward to our online relationships with fellow chickeners.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Is this it? https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=413093

You
    can click on the "search" function on the blue bar above and search for more threads about coop design. You can also visit the Coop Plans section by clicking "Index" and then scrolling down to Coop & Run - Design, Construction, and Maintenance for tons of threads about coops.

And...
    [​IMG]

3. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and welcome to BYC from Louisiana [​IMG],.. the info above is just what you need to get started,.. let us know what you chose and when you get your flock!

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!! [​IMG]

5. The Chicken Lover 11

The Chicken Lover 11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2011
    Ireland
    [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] Hi there! Glad you decided to join us! There are LOTS of wonderful creative coop plans -- have fun looking, and then choose what works for you & the setup you want. [​IMG]

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck with your coop. [​IMG]

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by