New member looking for information on Ayam Cemani!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AndieHbee, Dec 8, 2016.

1. AndieHbee

AndieHbee New Egg

Dec 8, 2016
    Hey everyone! My name is Andie, I've been keeping chickens for as long as I can remember. I currently have a small flock with a few buff orpingtons, black australorps, barred rocks and silver laced wyandottes AND one little bantam rooster (he was given to me because he was an oops).
    My main purpose of joining this group was to ask about Ayam Cemani. My husband and I have wanted some for the past few years and have decided this spring we want to try and take the plunge. I need any and all information I can get! Things like where to get them, things to look for and things to avoid, blood lines and decent pricing etc.
    Spam me with all of your knowledge!
    Thanks!
    Andie

2. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    :welcome Glad you joined us here! I've never had Ayam Cemanis, so can't help you there. If you type "Ayam Cemani" in the search box, I'm sure lots of info will come up, though! :D

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under AndieHbee [​IMG] Welcome!

I personally do not have any experience with Ayam Cemani but I know there are few on BYC who keep them. The below threads might be a good place to start:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1072107/chicken-breed-focus-ayam-cemani

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1047687/ayam-cemani-breeding-discussion

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/849946/ayam-cemani-pure-black-chicken-inside-and-out

Lots of friendly and very helpful folks on BYC so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I am glad you joined us! I am going to be hatching Ayam Cemani's this spring, so I am just learning too! I hope you enjoy BYC and find it helpful, best wishes! [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good links to information from Teila so I'll just say hello and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks for joining us!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    They are very striking birds, BYC user name Pyxis has them

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

9. mich9510

mich9510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2016
    Southwest PA
    I have a three Ayams and two Svart honas. They're really neat chickens. I just did a search on here and found lots of information. Welcome to BYC!

10. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by