1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member & New Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Garden Gal, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    Hello all,

I've set up my page with photos of our chicken coop - still a work in progress but shouldn't take us too much longer to complete. We have never raised chickens before but with the help of this site we are going boldly where we've never been before![​IMG]

Any constructive criticism (which could be changed relatively easily at this stage!) is more than welcome.

2. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks good to me!![​IMG]

3. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Very Nice. And your dog is beautiful.
    [​IMG] from MN!

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice coop [​IMG]

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    [​IMG] from Thurmont MD.
    And that is an awesome looking coop.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Excellent! And the dog is awesome, too!

7. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Great lookin coop!!! [​IMG]

8. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    River Falls, WI
    Hello,

Beatiful shepherd, I have a 14 year old female who I love more than anything in this world with the exception of my wife and children. She's getting towards the end of her life and I'm starting to think about a puppy. If you wouldn't mind, did you get him from a breeder? and if so, which breeder? He has beatuful markings.

-steven

9. Nostalchic

Nostalchic Chillin' With My Peeps

GardenGirl, that is a really handsome and functional looking coop! And a gorgeous dog. There's one thing I don't understand, and I assume you just didn't get the memo. You order the chickens FIRST - lots and lot of them, many more than you could ever need - and THEN you start thinking about building the coop. I think that's the way that goes...[​IMG] Well, way too late for that now! You're far ahead of the game, good for you. Wish I could say the same for us!

10. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG] From Indiana

Everything looks great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by