New member of our family and our zoo!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Theapplechicks, May 15, 2011.

1. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    I need to quit going to Tractor Suppy!!!!! So yesterday we go in there and the local animal rescue place was there doing adoptions. I usually try to stear clear of them but my daughter went to look and came running back to tell me there was a Shihtzu out there. She begged and begged for him and I told her no. She cried her eyes out saying she would pay all her Disney World money to get him. I told her daddy would never allow it and then I was the worst mommy ever. She called daddy crying and kept on all night about how sweet he was. (and boy was he) So last night my hubby says... "call and see if it's still there" So this morning I call and the lady says, "he's here but a couple people are looking at him... are you on the way now?" So we sped all the way there and he is now our new baby! He is a mix that was rescued from a neighboring counties pound. He is half the size of our other Shihtzu and so adorable. They are twins aside from their size. He is afraid of men so I'm guessing at some point was abused, but super duper sweet and playful with us girls. He LOVES the backyard. He seams to maybe have a little trouble w/ his legs and sneezes a lot but I think with some good care he'll be ok. When they got him the pound was gonna put him down. He was so matted and hair overgrown that you couldn't tell which end was his head! THey spent hours and hours gently cutting to find his little face. So sad! [​IMG] He's the sweetest thing ever and so glad we could get him and they didn't put him down, now our little girl fur baby has someone to play with besides the chickens!

Meet Wallee (little one on the right)
    [​IMG]

2. team edward

team edward Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    How sweet![​IMG] Im so glad you rescued him!

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Aaaw, what a wonderful story to be able to tell!! [​IMG] I swear, sometimes our kids just know--we just have to be smart enough to listen!

Congratulations!!

4. Theapplechicks

Apr 13, 2011
    The rescue gave us the pictures of what he looked like when they went and picked him up from the pound! It was insane! Just seeing how perfectly happy he was running around the backyard and seeing how happy my daughter was made it all worthwhile. The little thing looked like he was in heaven and kept going to the door all day. I think he spent most of the day in the backyard running around! He is exhausted tonight and has even learned already which bed is his (went and got him his own this afternoon) and is curled up fast asleep and cozy. Can't even imagine them thinking about putting him down he's so sweet and happy!

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Such a cute pup! [​IMG] I have a Shih-sue female named Gypsy. She weighs about 5lbs.

~Aspen

6. Theapplechicks

Apr 13, 2011
    so we've taken him to the vet and found out that he is full grown about 2-3yr old and that he is a full blooded nonsense, just a small one. He weighed 7lb when we got him and he's now 9 so we had to cut back on some of the food... they said he was probably so happy to have a steady supply he just kept eating! lol! He's got some allergies that is causing all his itching so he's on a daily antihistimine. He's a sweetheart though! A little daft he but so sweet and it's so hard to get onto him about anything because he looks at you with those eyes and your under his spell! He's also our little hoarder.... if you can't find something, look under the red chair in the living room and you will find a huge pile!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by