New Member, President of Local Chicken Club and Owner of Silver For Health-Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Silver 4 Health, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Silver 4 Health

Silver 4 Health New Egg

Feb 2, 2017
    Mobile, AL
    Hello,
    First let me say that I have followed this forum for a long time and over the years have benefited from it. I grew up with chickens and other farm animals. We have been backyard chicken keepers for a long time. We love our girls! We live on a River in Mobile, AL and our girls free-range over our acre all day, every day. Two of them even go down the boat ramp into the water and scratch at whatever is there. They have also been known to snag a few minnows along the way. ...it drives the ducks crazy! LOL

I am also the President of our local chicken club. We are on Facebook; the Mobile Bay Area Backyard Chicken Club. We have over 2,000 people on our local page. Our Club membership is well in excess of 100. We have monthly educational meetings for our members.

I am a retired RN and also the owner of Silver For Health- Colloidal Silver. We use colloidal silver (CS) every day and remain practically illness free. We also give our CS to our chickens via their waterer and will use it topically if there is a problem. Our dog, D'Ogee, gets her CS daily as well and we also use it in her shampoo. Over the past 5 years we have seen the CS do amazing things with our girls. We had one develop a severe respiratory issue that was not being helped by the normal meds and treatments. This 7lb hen was down to 4 lbs. My wife suggested we try our CS on the chickens so we added it to their water, used it in a slurry mixed with feed dust and gave the sick girl oral doses twice daily. In two days most of the wheezing and nasal drainage had stopped. By day 4...she was back to eating normally...we continued the advance treatment for a week. Within a couple of weeks she reclaimed her position as top of the pecking order.

Because I have a good working knowledge of the subject...I am hoping that I will be able answer questions about using colloidal silver with chickens...since I see posts about the subject here and on many other forums.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to be part of this group!

Travis :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
    rjohns39 likes this.
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Travis, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! [​IMG]

rjohns39 likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Make yourself at home, it's nice to have you here!

rjohns39 likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Travis [​IMG] Welcome!

Do the chickens hang a little sign on the coop "Gone Fishing!" [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

rjohns39 likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

rjohns39 likes this.
  6. Silver 4 Health

Silver 4 Health New Egg

Feb 2, 2017
    Mobile, AL
    Thanks for the warm welcome and greetings. I'm glad to be here. Teila, Nope...no gone fishing sign on the coop but it would be fitting because of the two Delaware's water sport activities! They really are strange walking around in chest deep water. Thanks again!

rjohns39 and Teila like this.
  7. micstrachan

micstrachan Chillin' With My Peeps

I know this is an old thread, but I'm searching for information on colloidal silver. I have an 18-month old Brown Leghorn who is a bit off and layed an ever-so-slightly wrinkled, but firm, egg in a random spot in the run instead of a nesting box. She recently lost a flock mate to a respiratory infection (who had egg yolk peritonitis in the spring and recovered, but was more fragile and susceptible to other issues afterward.) I would like to dose the Leghorn (Margo) or maybe even the whole (mixed) flock in their water. What would you recommend? Would be happy to purchase from you moving forward, but today picked up 10 ppm solution by Sovereign Silver at Whole Foods.

8. KikisGirls

KikisGirls BYC Fan Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
    We are glad you joined our flock.
    I hope you return soon!
    This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by