New Member Q&A

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Duck Ladie, Oct 1, 2016.

1. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Feb 23, 2016
    Hello Everyone! On this thread I'll try to answer some common questions from new members. Let's start!

Q. How do I start a new thread?

A. Go to the Forum you want to start a new thread in. Under the NAME of the forum (Which is in Red)
    You'll see a blue rectangle with the words "start a new thread". Click there and make your new thread!

Q. What is that thing with extra words under other people's posts? Like you have [​IMG]I'm a crazy duck lover, with nine wonderful ducks and ducklings in the future!

A. That's a signature. If you want to have one go to your profile by clicking the "My Profile" button in the top, right hand corner. Scroll down till you see the words:
    Your Forum Signature

Click on the "Edit Signature" button and write in your signature!

Q. How do I write a review?

A. You can't write a review till reach a certain amount of posts. I'm not sure how many... But once you can, click on the brown "Reviews" button on the top of the page and then scroll down and click on the section that has the thing you want to review. For Example:"Egg Cartons and Trays". Then find and click on the picture of the thing you want to review. For Example: "Kuhl - 15 Dozen Egg Case-Egg-15" On the grey line that has the words "Member Reviews" there are also the words "Write a Review:" by a picture of a pencil. Click there and write your review!

Q. How do I unsubscribe from a thread?

A. Click on the "Subscriptions" button by the top of the page. You should see a list of the threads you've entered. Find the thread you want to unsubscribe from and put your little white "hand" on the title. A little red x should appear. Click on it and unsubscribe!

Q. How do I upload photos?

A. Go to the thread you want to upload a photo in. Scroll down to almost the bottom until you get to the "Reply" space. At the bar at the top of the "Reply" space, there is a little icon with mountains and the sun, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Click on that icon and click on the "Upload Files..." Button. Choose the image you want and then Select the size you want it to appear as. What's the difference in sizes? Here's an example:
    Small:

[​IMG]
    Medium:
    [​IMG]

Large:
    [​IMG]

How big it shows depends on the size of your picture, but that's the difference in size. Then when it's loaded press "Submit". You can also copy and paste a picture, but then people won't be able to view a larger version of it.

Q. What's an Ovation, and how do I give out one?

A. An Ovation is basically when a person likes your post, article, review, picture, etc. You can give an Ovation by going to the post you like, and at the bottom, right-hand, corner, there's a green "Thumbs-up". Click on that, add a comment (If you want to) and click "Add to Reputation". You can view your Ovations by going to "Your Profile" and in the list, under your avatar, by the brown "egg", click on the "Ovation" button, and view your ovations.

I'll be adding more Q&As later!
    If you have a question feel free to post it in this thread!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    This is good info. Maybe it can be turned into a "sticky" topics index in the New Members section?

4. The Duck Ladie

Feb 23, 2016
    I don't know how that happens I'm afraid...

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I think a moderator would have to do it.

6. The Duck Ladie

Feb 23, 2016
    yeah, I think so....

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. The Duck Ladie

Feb 23, 2016
    Thanks Everyone! Can you think of any other questions new members usually ask?

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Nice post! Lots of folks seem to have trouble uploading pictures at first.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    :thumbsup Great post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by