New member Rainier WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by noagenda21, Jan 22, 2017.

1. noagenda21

noagenda21 Just Hatched

Jan 22, 2017
    Hey There,

New to the group...didn't pay attention to the 'rules' email but catching on... I have chickens of 'undetermined parentage' that lay terrific non gmo / free range fed eggs. I came to participate on the site because of my newest 'venture' with a pair of Magpie ducks that were being a little too friendly to my hard working layers. There was writer out there with the same problem and I went straight to her forum to get some ideas how to handle the situation other than to load my shot gun. A few hours later...I 've separated my ducks and am hoping they don't fly over the 4' fence..If anyone has first hand info on when Magpie's start laying eggs or care preferences I'd appreciate the forwarded info. Right now am just happy not to see my wonder chickens hassled and the ducks are swimming in the mud hole behind the fence! ...all is well... gotta big dog house with hay in it for sleep..Thanks for any consideration! Robin

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!!!! Sounds like you are off on a grand adventure with the ducks.

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I haven't had a chance to raise ducks yet, but there is a very helpful Duck forum on BYC. If you have questions, someone over there should be able to help you out.

Thanks for joining us!

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Robin

Glad you could join us here! I see you have found the duck section, I'm sure the keepers there will be able to help you out. I hope your fence works and everyone can get back to harmonious living again.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Robin, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck with your chickens and ducks!! [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Robin [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by