New member researching and loving this site!

nwgirl

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Everett, Washington
Hello, my husband and I live in Everett, Washington. We have 4 chicks reserved for mid-April, (2) Golden Lace Wyandottes, (1) Silver Lace Wyandotte, and (1) Speckled Sussex. We are so excited and feel like expectant parents:D

We've been reading up on how to raise chickens for some time and find BYC's to be the best source of information out there on the web. This site has been most useful and the member's posts are extremely valuable.

I have always idealized farm life. As a toddler I remember my grandma’s chickens roaming her property and me making a bee line for the corn fields, and when I was a teen I lived on 15 acres and had a horse, but now in my mid-40’s I am facing the reality I may never own acreage, so I’m going to bring a little farm life to my city lot, and can hardly wait to see my very own chickens roaming happily in my yard.

My husband and I are in the process of rebuilding 100 feet of fence and adding a gate so the chickens will have their own yard, and our dog will be able to retain his part of the yard separate from the chickens. Thanks to the many helpful posts here we were able to figure out what we needed to set up a brooder. My hubby is designing a walk-in coop which we’re planning on building as soon as the fence is finished. Thanks BYC for the website. I’m looking forward to participating in discussions and learning more.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! This site does provide so much info. and at times entertainment. No, constant entertainment..haha.

Those little chicks will thrill you, entertain you, and God forbid anything happen to even a one, break your heart. Congratulations on your purchase....and we want to see the pics when they arrive!

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom