New Member Saying Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Madefromscratch, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Madefromscratch

Madefromscratch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    Hello All,

I'm new here although I've looked through posts and helpful tips for several months and finally decided to take the plunge. I'm chicken mom to 9 chickens who are approximately 20 weeks this week. We incubated them as part of my daughter's home school science project and hatched 12 out of 12. We are still trying to figure out what's what and who is who, but I'll try to post pictures later under the correct forum for that. I just want to say hello and thank you for letting me be a part of your group.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio! Glad to have you aboard, and can't wait to see pics of your chickens. Amazing how you got a perfect hatch!

Take care,
    Sharon

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Welcome, From Michigan! By the way, I LOVE your user ID!

4. ChickenLoverChrista

ChickenLoverChrista Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2010
    Fort Pierce, FL
    [​IMG] from South Florida I know you will enjoy this site [​IMG]

5. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    WELCOME to BYC. I am impressed with your 12 out of 12 Hatch for a first hatch! Will be waiting for pictures. Where did you get the eggs?

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

7. Madefromscratch

Madefromscratch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    Thank you Wynette! It took some time to find a user id that wasn't already taken.

As for my eggs, we got them from a backyardchicken friend from the Agricultural District at the local Community College. We are here in Southern California. We had 1 batch before this and apparently had a bad thermometer so that batch didn't turn out but the second time around we got all 12. In the last month, awoke to some crowing, elimiated 2 and the new pup accidentally grabbed 1, so we are down to 9 now.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

10. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Very glad to have you with us. Best of luck with your little flock!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by