1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member & soon to be new chicken owner from Connecticut

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Maria812, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Maria812

Maria812 New Egg

Hi all, I am new to backyard chickens...& chicken husbandry. So new in fact that I don't actually have chickens yet! I am signed up to take some classes on backyard chicken care next month, but know I need all the knowledge & guidance from experienced people that I can get. I fell in Love with chickens several years ago & am finally in a place where I can have them! I don't want to do anything that might hurt my (soon to be adopted) chickens, so I joined BYC to learn ahead & hopefully avoid any grave mistakes. I look forward to meeting/talking with you in the future about the adventure of chicken keeping & welcome all the help I can get! -Maria

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Maria and welcome to BY:frowC great to have you join us. The learning centre is a great place to start and maybe checking out your state thread would also be helpful.

All the best with planning for your chicken adventure.

All the best

Ct

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Maria, nice to meet you. Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. You also might like checking out the "Raising Backyard chickens," forum.

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Maria, [​IMG]

x2 on the Learning Center, there are a lot of very helpful articles there:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

The Search feature in the upper left (under the logo) can help you find information and of course, you can always ask questions.

Make yourself at home, it's nice to have you here!

5. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer Premium Member

Hello and :welcome
    We are glad you joined us!
    There's one thing I would look at first to avoid feeding your chickens. Some scraps that you give them can hurt them (not all, but some). Type in the Internet "things I can and cannot feed chickens" and I think a list should come up.
    Hooe this helps in any way.
    Once again :welcome

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by