New member. Sooooo excited!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bmurf897, Sep 26, 2016.

1. bmurf897

bmurf897 New Egg

Sep 26, 2016
    Just wanted to say hey y'all!! I've been reading this forum for a couple years and finally decided to pull the trigger on getting chickens. Have had them 3 weeks now, and boom, Thursday I got my first egg!!! My HOA disallows chickens but I asked all my neighbors (great friends) and they were all supportive. I only have 2 right now, Pork and Beans, and Pork is my layer so far. I think Beans may be special :). Anyways I look forward to being a member, and man that fried egg sandwich just tasted great!!!

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Glad you made it our way! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes, those eggs are yummy!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and congrats on your new chickens. Good that your neighbours are supportive of your new hobby. Best thing to do with a fresh egg is poaching IMO - wonderful. Still, you'll know a million and one things to do with an egg very soon!

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

4. bmurf897

bmurf897 New Egg

Sep 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

I know it's hard to tell but I'm having trouble determining if Beans (white and red) is an EE or a true Ameruacana. Any insight? Will post a better pic tomorrow. No eggs from her yet

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I'd suggest posting on the breed / gender forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this with close up shots of head, comb, legs and profile - the experts there will help you out.

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    :welcome :cd :bun

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Going to say it looks like an EE..go check out the thread suggested..see what they say there too. EE's..and Americauna's can take a long time to start laying. I have been lucky with mine starting around the 6 month point, but....I have one that is finally checking out the next boxes at 7 months! [​IMG]

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Beans is an Easter Egger.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EE and Welcome to Backyard chickens[​IMG]

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, bmurf, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by