New Member - Tucson, AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by squeakyballs, Feb 8, 2009.

1. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Everyone,

This is a wonderful forum, I've been lurking and reading posts for almost a year. I don't have any chickens YET, but we are in the planning stage of building a coop. At the moment my favorite are Ameraucanas and Buff Orpingtons. I think we will get 3 - 4 total.

Other than reading and daydreaming about chickens, I LOVE to cook. In fact, I even have a cooking blog

I also love to hike, backpack, snowboard, crochet, garden, and play video games. I had a baby in April, so I haven't gotten to do those things in awhile... however, I went on my first hike today! 2.5 miles, not bad considering we brought the baby!

I'm a future-dental-hygienist (I just have to take the State Board) and in the meantime I'm a stay at home mom.

I've been a vegetarian for a year (my husband converted me) and we stopped buying store-bought eggs for the same reasons that we are vegetarians (factory farming, mass use of antibiotics, etc). Having our own happy chickens seems logical, not to mention like a lot of fun :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN
  3. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    From Old Town, Maine
  4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

A lot of us like the idea of knowing where our food comes from and what it is fed. I'm sure you're learn a lot here. [​IMG]
  5. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Hi Tofu! And [​IMG]

You'll find some kindred spirits here at BYC - folks that value organic eggs and that have fun with their chickens! Enjoy!!! Great to have you here!
  6. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    You know once you get chickens it becomes additive. All of a sudden something in your head will tell you (hey, I need more chickens!!) Then you will be getting an incubator and hatching. Just ask anybody on here. They will be more than glad to tell ya. [​IMG]
  7. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Hi, [​IMG]
    From Grace in Okla [​IMG]
  8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
  9. RooManRed

RooManRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008