New Member - Tucson, AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by squeakyballs, Feb 8, 2009.

1. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Everyone,

This is a wonderful forum, I've been lurking and reading posts for almost a year. I don't have any chickens YET, but we are in the planning stage of building a coop. At the moment my favorite are Ameraucanas and Buff Orpingtons. I think we will get 3 - 4 total.

Other than reading and daydreaming about chickens, I LOVE to cook. In fact, I even have a cooking blog http://hellagranola.blogspot.com/

I also love to hike, backpack, snowboard, crochet, garden, and play video games. I had a baby in April, so I haven't gotten to do those things in awhile... however, I went on my first hike today! 2.5 miles, not bad considering we brought the baby!

I'm a future-dental-hygienist (I just have to take the State Board) and in the meantime I'm a stay at home mom.

I've been a vegetarian for a year (my husband converted me) and we stopped buying store-bought eggs for the same reasons that we are vegetarians (factory farming, mass use of antibiotics, etc). Having our own happy chickens seems logical, not to mention like a lot of fun :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

A lot of us like the idea of knowing where our food comes from and what it is fed. I'm sure you're learn a lot here. [​IMG]

5. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Hi Tofu! And [​IMG]

You'll find some kindred spirits here at BYC - folks that value organic eggs and that have fun with their chickens! Enjoy!!! Great to have you here!
    [​IMG]

6. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    You know once you get chickens it becomes additive. All of a sudden something in your head will tell you (hey, I need more chickens!!) Then you will be getting an incubator and hatching. Just ask anybody on here. They will be more than glad to tell ya. [​IMG]

7. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Hi, [​IMG]
    From Grace in Okla [​IMG]

8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Welcome!

9. RooManRed