New member- very excited :-)

Westcoaster87

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 1, 2014
Lower Mainland, British Columbia
Hello!

We started working our 4 acres in Mission, BC last year with ambitions of creating a sustainable, producing property for our small family. In ways of poultry we currently have 14 ISA Brown layers and 1 Copper Maran rooster. We hope to add heritage meat chickens and heritage turkeys by this Spring. Any breed suggestions and info would be very welcome!

I have spent a great deal on Backyard Chickens and look forward to actively participating on the forum :)

Happy 2014!

Glad you could join and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello!

We started working our 4 acres in Mission, BC last year with ambitions of creating a sustainable, producing property for our small family. In ways of poultry we currently have 14 ISA Brown layers and 1 Copper Maran rooster. We hope to add heritage meat chickens and heritage turkeys by this Spring. Any breed suggestions and info would be very welcome!

I have spent a great deal on Backyard Chickens and look forward to actively participating on the forum :)

Happy 2014!
Hi, and welcome to B.Y.C.!!! This is a great website to get advice from other chicken keepers. And to answer your question, I'd really recommend Black Australorp hens. They are AMAZING layers of large brown eggs, and they (Depending on the individual, just like humans) are very sweet and friendly to humans. Again, glad to have you here!
welcome-byc.gif

Hi, and welcome to B.Y.C.!!! This is a great website to get advice from other chicken keepers. And to answer your question, I'd really recommend Black Australorp hens. They are AMAZING layers of large brown eggs, and they (Depending on the individual, just like humans) are very sweet and friendly to humans. Again, glad to have you here! :welcome
I Agree! not only are they friendly, but Ausrtalorps are reliable hardy birds. Good luck and a warm welcome to BYC!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom