New member, want to say HI!

slyfoxpeeps

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Lewisburg, WV
lol.png
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the boards for awhile now and decided I would love to have the friendship you guys seem to share through the chickens!

I have recently moved back to my home state of WV after living in VA for 25 yrs., and I get pretty lonely. Most of the time I am at work, with time on my hands and no one else in the office.

This past summer my sister, who raises every kind of fowl, asked me to take some of her silkie chicks she hatched. So without telling my husband I brought home 6 beauties. And it has snowballed from there. I'm everything chickens now. I now have 30 birds. I have several pairs of different kinds, I love the Sumatra's and Polish, and let's not forget the Seabrights!!! Great personilities!. Also, I have learned so much form this board and love the funny stories.
Anyway I would love to be apart of your happy family!
big_smile.png

Hi Slyfoxpeeps, glad to have you here with us!!!
yes, were all nuts about our chickens, actually I think we just love talking to each other about our backyard buddies. We probably care more for each other than our chooks. LOL!!!!

Last edited:
Hello slyfoxpeeps!

Just a warning, never, NEVER ask the people in this forum if you should get more chickens. The answer is always yes.
lau.gif

For example, I lost 1 and now I have 10 more chicks coming next week!
wee.gif

Thanks for the Welcome!

I have read so much of the stuff here I feel like I already know everyone.

I went to the swap meet in VA last month and told my husband I was just looking "I KNOW" we don't have a coop big enough for anymore :rolleyes:and came home with 4 young breeding pairs, all:different breds..... I thought he would kill me. But he helped me build some breeding pens.

Welcome to byc. Isn't it funny how addicting chickens are? I love them, can't wait to go out to take care of them everyday, I always told my DH no way to chickens, now I am the crazy chicken lady. I told him yesterday that after treats I have 7 of them on my lap and shoulders, of course I was holding Henny Penny and Carmella ( they put their heads down on me like dogs and sleep) he said he was going to take a pic and email it to everyone we know. They would never believe it.
lau.gif

Welcome aboard Slyfoxpeeps. You will find this board a valuable source on anything pertaining to poultry and other livestock as well. So hello and we are glad to see ya here!

I know what you mean! My husband had chickens a few years ago, all big breds for egg laying. He also had a few roos, 2 of which bit me on the back of the leg while I was feeding the horses. I ran into the house and told dh get the gun! No questions asked, he got the gun and came running outside and asked what?!! I told him kill the rooster! So from then on I was afraid of chickens. But my sister has over a hundred different kinds of bantams and peacocks and geese and ducks and I loved going over and sitting with them as she fed them there treats, I would die laughing at the different personilities. So when she offered the little tiny silkie chicks I got hooked. I'm even getting into the bigger breeds now.

Back
Top Bottom