New member- WI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by peachykeen331, Dec 27, 2014.

1. peachykeen331

peachykeen331 New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    WI
    Hi, im Becky and im from WI, over by Madison. I was directed to this page to see if i can find people hatching chicks this time of year.

2. SixChickFlock

SixChickFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Chicago - Old Irving Park
    Good morning!

I am not hatching chicks, Becky, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who is... In the meantime, welcome to BYC!

Tim

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  3. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens;)!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

[​IMG]

4. peachykeen331

peachykeen331 New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    WI
    Hi Tim, thanks for the welcome.
    Im hoping i ca find someone with chicks that(will) lay olive/blue/green eggs. All hatcheries ive looked at arent hatching out until February :/

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Welcome Becky,

Maybe you could try hatching your own chicks. How many are you looking for? I just sold a guy 2 dozen hatching eggs that he was going to start on Xmas day.

I am in Minnesota so it is too far to come for eggs, but someone down there should have eggs. chicks are hard to find in these northern areas this time of year.

BTW I suggest you disavow any allegiance you might have to the packers ,if you have any, I am told chickens dislike the colors green and yellow.

If you happen to be going to the Twin Cities area or know someone coming from them to you, I would be happy to send you some blue/green/olive eggs.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

That is an excellent idea, I never thought of that!

You may even find chickens that do not get sick at the mention of the packers there!

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

9. SixChickFlock

SixChickFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Chicago - Old Irving Park
    Becky,

I adopted my first ever day old chicks in late Feb 2014. I was hoping the weather would be nice enough to build a coop in the backyard before they were 6 weeks old or so. As you know, that did not happen last year! By the time they were 6 weeks, my 6 little chicks needed a lot more room than my basement brooder could handle and things got a bit dusty, and then the cost of the heat lamp... It all worked out, but if I did it again, I would probably wait for an April hatch... I just couldn't wait!

Hope you find what you need. I have 2 easter eggers who are not currently laying. Really looking forward to the return of blue/green eggs... Maybe in time for Easter!

Tim

10. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by