New member with our first backyard flock.

Mahlachi

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2021
I raised some chickens, turkens, and a turkey back after high school that went to live with a friend's flock. Ever since then I wanted a backyard flock and the time has finally come. My wife and I picked up our chicks yesterday and are working on planning/building an indoor enclosure for growth until ready for the backyard as well as converting a deck that was previously used for a jacuzzi by the previous homeowners into a large coup/run for our chickens.

Currently we have 5 chicks, 4 are about 5 days old and the 5th is about a week and half old. Mandi is a Buff Orphington (Gold - named after my niece), Cruella is a Barred Rock(Black barred - named by daughter and likes to sit on her head), Frodo is a Brahma( Gold/gray back - what can I say, she has fuzzy feet, lol), Puffin is an Ameraucana(gray and reminded us of a Puffin, lol) and Emu is also an Ameraucana(Gold/black lines - my wife saw too many Liberty Mutual commercials I guess).

We have always been animal lovers and are excited to welcome the flock to our family. We also have a dog, 2 cats, a Quaker Parrot, 2 rats, 2 guinea pigs, and a ferret.

My brother and his wife helped us make the dive into starting our flock as we see how much they enjoy theirs, they were very excited to meet them yesterday and told me about his group.

Attachments

• 61821Emu.jpg
    61821Emu.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 61821Frodo.jpg
    61821Frodo.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2
  • 61821Mandi.jpg
    61821Mandi.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 61821Puffin.jpg
    61821Puffin.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 61921-2.jpg
    61921-2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2
I raised some chickens, turkens, and a turkey back after high school that went to live with a friend's flock. Ever since then I wanted a backyard flock and the time has finally come. My wife and I picked up our chicks yesterday and are working on planning/building an indoor enclosure for growth until ready for the backyard as well as converting a deck that was previously used for a jacuzzi by the previous homeowners into a large coup/run for our chickens.

Currently we have 5 chicks, 4 are about 5 days old and the 5th is about a week and half old. Mandi is a Buff Orphington (Gold - named after my niece), Cruella is a Barred Rock(Black barred - named by daughter and likes to sit on her head), Frodo is a Brahma( Gold/gray back - what can I say, she has fuzzy feet, lol), Puffin is an Ameraucana(gray and reminded us of a Puffin, lol) and Emu is also an Ameraucana(Gold/black lines - my wife saw too many Liberty Mutual commercials I guess).

We have always been animal lovers and are excited to welcome the flock to our family. We also have a dog, 2 cats, a Quaker Parrot, 2 rats, 2 guinea pigs, and a ferret.

My brother and his wife helped us make the dive into starting our flock as we see how much they enjoy theirs, they were very excited to meet them yesterday and told me about his group.

How cute they are !!! Welcome to BYC ! :ya :frow

Back
Top Bottom