New member..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nontoxic, Sep 28, 2015.

1. nontoxic

nontoxic Just Hatched

Oct 1, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Hello all. My name is Amy, I joined last year but have never introduced myself or ever posted. I love BYC!! I have learned so much on this site and it has helped my chickens substantially . I currently have 3 golden palm turkeys (1 tom and 2 hens) in the spring they became broody and hatched only one baby out of 17 eggs. Unfortunately the little guy died the next day [​IMG] So I decided after that I will buy an incubator and try to hatch that way next time they are laying. So since spring they have not laid any more. Building them a larger enclosure and a better roosting shed hope that helps them out. I also have chickens an acquaintance had to move and gave me their mixed flock ( 3 golden comet hens with 1 roo, 1 barred Rock roo , 5 sex link hens). I also have 3 Marian hens and one dorking/Marian mixed roo.. My hens all were broody at the same time my Maran's hatched three adorable babies this year! And my new mixed flock hatched 5 but one of the new mama hens killed the first hatched chick and the rest survived.. I am still very new to the world of raising poultry but have been reading and applying new found knowledge from this site to fine tuning my flocks.

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Amy, welcome to BYC!

Glad you've been enjoying the site...there's a ton of information available here.

Nice to hear from you!

1 person likes this.
  3. steven29128

steven29128 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    South Carolina USA
    Welcome to Back Yard Chickens ! [​IMG]
    I am a little like you. I came and read a bit here from time to time. I decided to just join. This is a good place.

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Amy, hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. nontoxic

nontoxic Just Hatched

Oct 1, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome

7. Bubblesx

Bubblesx Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2015
    I have 2 male turkeys they are typical teenagers now. They fight like you wouldn't believe, and they. Have even killed 2 hens..... They are so beautifully ugly. Not sure what to do with them.

8. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. nontoxic

nontoxic Just Hatched

Oct 1, 2014
    Massachusetts
    L
    Like all kids they go through their ugly faze lol. But when they mature they are just amazing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by