1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BelValleyDaisy, Oct 10, 2015.

1. BelValleyDaisy

BelValleyDaisy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    Hi,
    I'm BelValleyDaisy. i've joined backyardchickens today and am very inexperienced on how to use this.
    in our garden we have 3 ducks (2 female, 1 male). The girls are Valley and Daisy and the boy is Bel. Bel and Valley have been raised from 1 day old and are rouhen clairs. I purchased Daisy 2 weeks ago, she is an indian runner and is 4 months old. They all seemed to be getting along only now Daisy is being seriously bullied however i can't part with any of them. if you have any ideas on what i can do please comment. I also have 3 bantam cross hens. Their names are Biddy (ginger), Bow (white) and Hatty (black, a road rockxbantam). Bel seems to be picking on the hens too (mounting, biting, dragging).
    Thankyou,
    Fi

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome from Yorkshire UK

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I don't keep ducks but you could ask in the duck section for help on getting your introduced to each other. Here is the link for the duck section ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
    Look for the start a new thread box to ask your questions. I'm more than sure the duck keepers there will be able to help you.
    Have your hens always been together or have you just introduced them to each other? Hanging them seperate but so they can see each other for the first few weeks really helps to stop the bullying.

Good luck and please do drop by the UK thread there could be other members that are close to you. The link is in my signature at the bottom my post.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. BelValleyDaisy

BelValleyDaisy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    Hi,
    Thankyou so much for the duck section, i only joined today so i didn't even know it existed
    Yes my chickens were brought up together from 2 months and are now about 9months. It is mainly the male duck getting all shaky and going for the hens

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I haven't had ducks, just chickens (so far) but from what I've learned here, you have to keep drakes from trying to mate with the chickens. Their anatomy is different from a rooster and a drake can severely injure a chicken.

Good luck with all your birds, I hope things work out for you!

7. steven29128

steven29128 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    South Carolina USA
    Welcome to Back Yard Chickens ! [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I have answered you on another post.

9. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

10. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by