hEEather

Songster
6 Years
Feb 19, 2016
Hello! Im Heather. Im still new to raising chickens. We have 20 right now and have 3 new bantam chicks coming and 4 bantam eggs waiting to hatch, lockdown is tonight. We have bantams and regular(?) size chickens. A phoenix, 2 hens(possible lacy red hed crossed with something and the other possible grey american? And a chick from one of them which i believe is a pullet(they were given to us) 7 mystery chicks ( i think 2 are roos), 3 bantam chicks, 2 easter eggers, 3 old english bb red pullets and a older bb red roo, a another bantam cockerel which i think is also mixed. I really like having them all so far! I usually get 2 eggs most days a week from the older hens. none of the others have laid yet! I can not wait to collect more eggs! We're building a new coop for the new chicks. all the bantams free ranged but now we keep 2 of the best bb red pullets with the rooster so we can have those pure eggs one day! And hopefully we can still get another gang and coop going..i really want some lavender chickens...im stuck between 2 breeds. Cant wait to talk with you all and see some beauties!

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for sharing all the chicken pictures with us, you have some lovely birds.

It's nice to have you here!

Hi Heather and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. You seem to have a great flock there - chicken maths has not passed you by for sure!
smile.png

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom