Joey G

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2016
Hello everyone. Just starting the adventure of chicken raising. I learned a lot of good info from this site and will enjoy learning more.

Hi Joey and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state / country thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Joey,

It seems there is always something new to learn about chickens. That and their fun personalities are what makes raising them interesting, I think.

What breed(s) of chickens are you raising? There are a lot of breed focus threads you can find just by entering the breed name in the Search box.

Have fun with your flock, it's nice to have you here!

Thanks. I have 25 one weak old red sex links to raise, but I only plan on keeping 12. The others I will split with my dad and my wife's dad.

Thanks. I have 25 one weak old red sex links to raise, but I only plan on keeping 12. The others I will split with my dad and my wife's dad.

I like the RSL girls. I have 3 in my mixed flock and not only are they awesome egg layers but they have outstanding personalities. Nice you can spread the chickie wealth!

Back
Top Bottom