1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Racerbound, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Racerbound

Racerbound New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    I am a long time pigeon person and happened to see this forum while searching on google. I am attempting something new to me and would like to ask if anyone has had pigeon eggs mailed to you for hatching by your loft pigeons.

I have raised several breeds through the years and presently raise Indian Fantails and Racing Homing Pigeons. I also raise chickens and Rabbits. I have also inherited a Goose from my grandson.

What is the procedure for posting pictures here?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. I used to belong to the NBRC - someone on their message board was trying this. It was a while ago, but if you go to their website and conduct a search, information may appear. I think it was nbrc.com. The problem is coordinating egg availability with pigeon nesting cycle so that the fosters will be producing 'pigeon milk' when the squabs hatch.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I believe you need to make a few posts before pics are uploaded successfully.

Cheers
    CT

4. Racerbound

Racerbound New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    Thanks for the information. I have several pairs that are now preparing to nest so I am hoping that the timing will be ok.

5. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    I've heard of some of shipped pigeon eggs hatching, but not too much in the states for some reason mostly only to Asian islands from eastern Europe, but usually out of can or two only several hatch at best. Could be many more not posted about n some don't update.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by