Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dave31842, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Dave31842

Dave31842 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2016
    I grew up on a small farm in Temple City California where we had a variety of animals, chickens, rabbits, turkeys a couple of cows and even a donkey we use to ride, then the city told us that we are no longer zoned for agriculture and is going to be rezoned for residential and we had a 120 days to remove our animals. Such as life. So we adjusted an moved on. However, we still kept rabbits and chickens as pets (only). We had an aviary when we lived in Northern Calif but My job in the government brought me to NE Florida so all my birds had to be given away.

Got a question, not sure this is the right place - my wife and I are looking to buy a pair of button quail from a breeder in Florida if possible. I have contacted a couple of places got a response from Stellar Game Birds. They will let me know in a couple of weeks. No response from other places though. Thanks for any assistance.

Dave Davis

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, Dave, and welcome to BYC. Type 'Florida' in the search bar at the top of the page. Several Florida threads will appear. Perhaps somebody on one of those threads can help you locate some buttons. Good luck.

3. Dave31842

Apr 9, 2016
    Sourland,
    Thank you.

Dave

4. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and :welcome
    We're glad you joined us!

Sour lands suggestion is very good, but if you also want you can go to the "buy sell and trade" forum and search for an add that's offering what you want close to you, or you can create a new add asking for what you want. Good luck. :)

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC Dave. The buy/sell/trade forum can only be posted on once you have made 20 posts - no reason why you cannot take a look and see whats on offer though, in the meantime. The quail thread may also help you.

All the best
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Dave. Hope you find the birds you are seeking.

7. Dave31842

Apr 9, 2016
    I want to thank everyone for their help.
    Dave

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by