jklett

Hatching
Apr 17, 2016
New Jersey
Hello,
I am new here, I have been reading through the forum for the last week trying to learn. I am in Somerset county NJ and had chickens when I was a kid but that was 30 years ago now. I picked up a dozen chicks a week ago so I have to learn it all over again. I need to build a coop and run so that is my biggest concern right now, the chicks are doing great and growing. BTW, I got 6 red sex links and 6 straight run production reds(I think that all but 1 are pullets but it's too early to tell). I'm sure that I will have tons of questions and I am glad that I found this site. Thanks,
Jason

Hi, Jason, welcome to BYC! Sounds like you've jumped right in. It's definitely time to get working on your coop and run, the babies will grow surprisingly fast and in just a few more weeks be ready to move out of the brooder. Have you chosen a design for your coop yet? If not, the coops section here can be a great place to start getting ideas: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Nice to meet you Jason- glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. I suggest the Learning Center for your questions, it makes a great refresher course and covers many aspects of poultry raising and maintenance.

Hi Jason and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Hope you enjoy your chicken-keeping renaissance!

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom