CindyLC

Hatching
May 25, 2016
Tx
Hello everyone I'm new to this site. We are starting to build a chicken coop. Ive wanted chickens for years and finnaly commited. Any recommendations for chickens will be greatly appreciated!!! Located in Central TX

Please check out the Learning Center. You may also like to join your state thread - just put that in the search box and it will come up. Then you could ask what breeds do best in your area, what type of coop, where the best feed stores, etc. are. BYCERS tend to be very kind and thoughtful people.

Hello all! First and foremost this site helped me through my first year of being a hen mother. Jeez through stinky butt with the chicks to applying Vaseline to prevent frostbite has been ever so helpful. Just want to say thanks!

I purchased this year a barred rock chick that I'm almost sure is a roo.
1f627.png
It has made strange noises in the morning two to three days in a row then nothing. Its 12 - 13 weeks old and is twice the size of the sexlink I got at the same time. What should I look for other than the spear like feathers? Sure is a beauty but can't have roosters where I live.

Hello everyone I'm new to this site. We are starting to build a chicken coop. Ive wanted chickens for years and finnaly commited. Any recommendations for chickens will be greatly appreciated!!! Located in Central TX

Hi and welcome to our community- glad that you have joined us.

The Coop Section and the "Coops and Runs" forums should help you with your coop build. You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Best wishes

CT

Hello all! First and foremost this site helped me through my first year of being a hen mother. Jeez through stinky butt with the chicks to applying Vaseline to prevent frostbite has been ever so helpful. Just want to say thanks!

I purchased this year a barred rock chick that I'm almost sure is a roo.
1f627.png
It has made strange noises in the morning two to three days in a row then nothing. Its 12 - 13 weeks old and is twice the size of the sexlink I got at the same time. What should I look for other than the spear like feathers? Sure is a beauty but can't have roosters where I live.

I'd suggest posting pics of your suspect cockerel in the What Breed or Gender is This? forum.

Fingers crossed its a girl!

CT

Can you give me more information about the state thread??? Not sure what you mean. I tried looking it up without any luck.
Please check out the Learning Center.  You may also like to join your state thread - just put  that in the search box and it will come up.  Then you could ask what breeds do best in your area, what type of coop,  where the best feed stores, etc. are.  BYCERS  tend to be very kind and thoughtful people. 

Back
Top Bottom