Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by elevatedruby, Jun 4, 2016.

1. elevatedruby

elevatedruby Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2016
    Gatesville, texas
    Hello fellow chicken lovers, this is Robert and Kimmy. We are currently at a count of 53 chickens right now, 15 barred rocks, 10 Rhode island reds, 3 Brunner roundheads and 25 tractor supply mystery breed pullets. We are looking into becoming a legit chicken hatchery for heritage, exotic, and endangered breed poultry. We feel that we could actually preserve poultrys' genetics and hopefully make an impact enough to get them off the critical list. I have plenty of questions, pretty sure there's tons of experienced people on here that are willing to help a couple become chicken breeders

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Robert & Kimmy. I hope your plans will materialize in the near future. I am curious to know what a Brunner Roundhead looks like - I'm guessing a gamebird>

3. elevatedruby

Jun 4, 2016
    Gatesville, texas
    The one on the left is starting to get the spangled pattern and hopefully it's a roo. Would love to experiment him with a barred rock.

4. elevatedruby

Jun 4, 2016
    Gatesville, texas
    I worked at a friend's chicken ranch where these chicks were hatched 1 and a half weeks later in the breeding coops and he just gave them to me for free. He already has 2000 chicks growing out right now and don't want a 50 bird brooder going for 3 chicks. He blessed me

5. elevatedruby

Jun 4, 2016
    Gatesville, texas
    i posted a picture of them guess its being evauated

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Robert and Kimmy - welcome to our community and i wish you all the best with your plans - guess you are correct about your pics!

All the best
    CT

7. elevatedruby

Jun 4, 2016
    Gatesville, texas
    thank you CT, its good to know that its a bunch of good vibes instead of people saying you wont or cant do it

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You are most welcome! With commitment and fortitude (and sometimes a bit of luck) theres absolutely no reason why you shouldn't achieve your goal. My great uncle was a mill worker, but became a renown breeder of Lakeland terriers - so why shouldn't you succeed? [​IMG]

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  10. elevatedruby

Jun 4, 2016
    Gatesville, texas
    m taking the pics on my tablet and i need space so i will be back with some pics by this afternoon at latest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by