Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by impalaclark, Jul 31, 2016.

1. impalaclark

impalaclark New Egg

Jul 31, 2016
    Hello everyone I am from (SE) Oklahoma. I am relatively new to chickens, I am on my second month. Here is my current flock. I have 4 bouvans hens, 1 buff oprington hen, 1 splash cochin hen, 1 partridge rock roo, 2 rhode island red hens, 2 white leghorn hens, 1 golden laced wyandotte hen, 4 aracauna hens, quad of speckled sussex, trio of silver spangled hanburgs, quad of lakenvelders, 10 barred rock pullets, 4 new hampshire red pullets, 5 black maraan pullets, 2 blue maraan pullets, 11 splash cochin chicks (all supposedly sexed as hens), and 15 silver laced wyandotte pullets. Oh and I also have a pair of goats, and a doberman pinscher that likes to allow the chickens to roost on her during nap time in the shade. I have 2 coops, 1 is for quarrantine, the other coop is mainly just a laying house, since the chickens have free run of the back yard, (privacy fenced area 350'x100'). I just filled out my NPIP paperwork today, and I obtained a 200 egg incubator as well today. I look forward to learning from everyone.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. You have quite a diverse flock.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Impalaclark, and:welcome. Great to have you with us. Sounds like you an up and coming enterprise on your hands! Best wishes!

4. impalaclark

impalaclark New Egg

Jul 31, 2016
    Thank you! Yes what started out as a 5 bird egg laying operation for our family weekend breakfast has turned into a full blown addiction. A trip every other friday to the poultry auction, and being gifted several birds from friends who were wanting to lower their numbers but give birds a good home has turned into a full fledge operation. Once, I get going right, be on the lookout for things to come from Splendid Splinter Farms!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wish you much success with your new business.

6. impalaclark

impalaclark New Egg

Jul 31, 2016
    Thank you diva! Its more hobby than business lol.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. impalaclark

impalaclark New Egg

Jul 31, 2016
    Thank you Bantam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by