Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by theceltichorse, Nov 5, 2016.

1. theceltichorse

theceltichorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Lacey, WA
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I will be brand new to chickens. Am going to try hatching some of my own eggs starting this next week. Getting 8 eggs (mix of blue, green, and brown).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None yet. Am getting 8 eggs next week.

(3) What breeds do you have? They will be F-1 Olive Eggers crossed with blue laying Easter Egger and Sex-linked to F-1 Olive Egger (blue, green and brown eggs).

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Have been visiting the website for the last couple of years.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Volunteer for a wildlife rescue (Thurston County, WA), reading, raise wild baby birds during spring/summer (for release) via the wildlife rescue.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Mother to 2 daughters, grandmother to 2 amazing littles (and one on the way), 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 4 rescue albino rats (they were supposed to be eagle food and but apparently he wasn't hungry!), fish tank. I am a new real estate agent with Keller Williams South Sound.

I have wanted chickens since moving to WA. I was born and raised in AK- moved down to Olympia/Lacey about 2 1/2 years ago. They will be pets (who happen to hopefully supply me with lots of healthy eggs).

I have a Farm Innovators Pro Series (model 4250) incubator. If you have any tips/tricks for this incubator, I am all ears. The instructions it came with stink! Tips and advice overall will be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to learning as much as I can and getting to know others!

Marcell

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC, Marcell - hatching is always so exciting, wishing you the very best of luck in your plunge into the wonderful world of poultry keeping!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Marcell, and :welcome! Happy you joined our community! Best of luck with your hatch and thank you for joining BYC! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Marcell, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi, Marcel, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am quite pleased you could join us, welcome to our community! I hope you enjoy it here!

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us Marcell! Best wishes!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by