Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LisaGuineaFowls, Jan 16, 2017.

1. LisaGuineaFowls

LisaGuineaFowls New Egg

Jan 16, 2017
    Hello People,
    I am new to this site. I own 15 Guinea fowl. I started Aug 2016 with 24 eggs shipped to me. 2 broke in shipment, only 2 hatched, and 1 survived. A week after my husband, yet again, had a tick on him, and I then stomped back into the house and ordered 15 keets. They were delivered the next week. I currently have 15, 1 died because he couldn't get out of the feeder. A few lessons learned in this month. Not sure why my eggs didn't hatch in the incubator yet. Still learning. Now I learned in my research that Guineas lay Mayish time zone, but my big guys are laying eggs in January. I get roughly 1 a day, and I have gotten 9 so far, 4 are in the incubator. The other 5 were frozen and cracked.

So if anyone has had experiences about Guineas laying in winter, please pipe up lol. I figured I would try with decent looking feeling eggs, if I have caught them in time, I am not sure.

Look forward to the banter.
    Thank you
    Lisa
    LisaGuineaFowls

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC Lisa!

I don't have experience with guinea fowl (hoping to get some one day though!), so you'll have to wait for someone else to help there. Glad you joined us!

3. LisaGuineaFowls

LisaGuineaFowls New Egg

Jan 16, 2017
    Thank you for the welcome :) If you dont mind their noise, which I don't lol, so far they are fun.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Nice to meet you Lisa.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Lisa [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I do not have any experience with Guinea Fowl.

However, I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Lisa, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! I have a 6-pk of keets that we're given to me in late May. They free range but never far and all 6 are always together. To my knowledge none of mine are laying and I am reasonably certain two of them are hens. So, sorry but I'm not much help with your question. Thanks for joining BYC!!

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. LadyVictorian

LadyVictorian Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2016
    Minnesota
    Welcome to BYC :D

9. Hopefeathers