New Member!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cechyoself, Jan 22, 2017.

1. cechyoself

cechyoself New Egg

Jan 22, 2017
    Hi Everyone!
    Recently moved to Elkhorn,NE and I am looking at getting some silkie chickens this spring. Super excited! If there is anything I should know please feel free to let me know.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.
    You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cechyoself [​IMG] Welcome!

Ken has given you some great starting points so I will just add that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Learning Center is a great place to start. :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. You may also want to check out the "Silkie thread," if you put that in the search box it will come up for you.

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You've already been given some good info so I'll just say hello and thanks for joining us!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Best wishes to you and your spring chickens!! [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. markeddings

markeddings Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2015
    Welcome!

10. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by