1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wendy Frank, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Wendy Frank

Wendy Frank Just Hatched

Jan 29, 2017
    Hi all and thanks for the add! I have never owned chickens before, but have wanted to for years. This year I take the plunge! Very excited! I live in west central wisconsin on acreage, old farm lots of buildings, just 22 acres.

Wendy

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Wendy, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Congrats on your acreage and getting into chickens. As a newbie to the game you might consider checking out the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It is loaded with great articles running the range of chicken keeping. And if you'd like to chat with local poultry folk, find the Wisconsin thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    And if you are still researching breeds of birds, check this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/chicken-breeds
    Best wishes and enjoy the journey!! [​IMG]

3. sue1234

sue1234 New Egg

Jan 14, 2017
    West Milford ,nj
    Hello I'm new here also but have had chickens for a while now 6 or 7 years . I have English Orpington s and silkies \sizzles and Cochin bantams. I'm in nj , we having our first big storm of the year today!! My younger chicks are looking around going what is this?

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Wendy, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  5. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

Hello Wendy [​IMG] The eggs are better the chicken taste better . You'll enjoy having chickens. Research a lot and make sure you get what you want the first time around . BYC is a great place and everyone is always ready to pitch in with advice . If you do a search on the web for anything chicken most of the time you end up here . So make your self at home and enjoy .[​IMG]

6. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

Hello sue1234 [​IMG] If your like I was you've been a guest on BYC many times . The good part now you get to chat with others that have the same affection as you .We got feathers in our blood [​IMG] Glad you decided to join us cruise the neighborhood and chat away .

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Wendy, it's nice to have you here! Redsoxs has given you some great links, hope you find them helpful.

Make yourself at home here!

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] to you as well. Hope the winter storm doesn't cause too much inconvenience!

1 person likes this.
  9. Table4Six

Table4Six Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC, you'll find that chickens are a joy to have around.

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Wendy [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your new feathered family when they arrive.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by